America

America
Salt Wells, Wyoming Mustang Mare

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Florida PaRally Part 2

After America's turnout time, I went to get her and she greeted me at the gate (whew...relationship still intact even after everything I'd been asking of her all day!!). We went together back to her stall so I could feed her and get ready for my dinner. She got her soaked cubes and a bit of her forage based feed mix and she thoroughly enjoyed her meal!!

PaRally offered a catered wonderful catered dinner consisting of baby back ribs and smoked chicken with all the fixins. It was sooo delicious after spending all day working up an appetite!! After dinner and a shower, I got America out again and we took a walk to spend some undemanding time and do a little grazing. My friend Ingrid and her horse Cayenne were kind enough to keep us company. It was already dark so this was new for America too. She did have a couple moments of mild unconfidence but otherwise took everything in stride, especially once we found the tree draped in spanish moss. I kept pulling moss down and giving it to America...she loves the stuff!!

By this time, it was quite late and time for everyone to turn in for the night...it had been a very full day and we still had tomorrow to go; I wanted to be rested for day two of the PaRally!! I slept well but did get up during the night to check on America...she kinda looked at me like..."what??...I was sleeping good til you started shining that flashlight on me!!". She handled the night in the stall really well but she was really happy to see me when I went out to feed at 5:30 a.m.; she was really nickering at me (or maybe it was because I had the food lol!!).

I know this is a short post; I'll do a separate one for Sunday...probably tomorrow, and then I'll do another post all about the rest of the PaRally experience...the demos, the presentations, the mini-workshops, the laser coaching sessions, etc.; there's so much to share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment