America

America
Salt Wells, Wyoming Mustang Mare

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Liberty Fun!!

Played at liberty with America tonight. Played the catching game and it's getting better each time we play...most times it only takes an invitation from me and America catches me. Now we need to start playing with increasing the distance!!

Stick to me is going really well too...walk is good, trot is getting better. Our downward transitions: walk or trot to stop are getting better with America staying straighter when we stop. I've noticed I really have to use a LONG phase 1 so she has time to think her way through the stopping process!! Back up is a bit sticky so I'll wait a little bit until our stop is a bit better and begin with walk to stop.

I decided to try a bit of sideways with a fence and the first time I must have been projecting too much energy too quickly as we lost our connection and America left me. I played the catching game to get her back then a bit of stick to me then slowed everything down for sideways on the fence take two and VOILA...she did a very nice sideways. Her hq lagged just a tiny bit but that's to play with on another day...I was thrilled with the sideways without leaving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment